So after a couple of weeks of non-stop drinking and daft antics, on Easter Monday I found out I was pregnant. It wasn't planned and it wasn't expected. I hadn't noticed a single symptom, but that could have been due to the fact that, as I said, I was off my face pretty much 24/7 for 10 days.
It was the clearest test I've ever taken. With the other two, I tested early, about 4 days before I was due because I felt so sure I was pregnant, mostly due to the crippling nausea and tiredness. This time I was 3 days late and the line showed up before the pink wave had even finished passing the window! We went out and bought a ClearBlue to be sure, and 2 days later another one, and there's no denying it.
Symptom wise I don't have many to speak of. I've been tired, yeah, bloated, but my diet isn't the best, and super hungry. I get the joys of being so hungry I'll die if I don't eat right now, and then after finishing a rice cake or whatever I'm so full I think I'll burst, and so on, on a cycle from about 10am - 1pm. Yesterday was a bit lame, I had no appetite all day. I wasn't full or nauseous, I just wasn't hungry and nothing seemed appealing.
I'm still mostly in denial. With us not having planned or suspected anything it's come as a major shock and I'm just waiting for something to go wrong or to get to the scan and there be nothing there. That said, I did buy something today but if it doesn't pan out I have plenty of friends with babies who could benefit from it!
I think by calculations, I'm due on Boxing Day, which should be fun. I have a midwife appointment on 7th May when I'll be 7 weeks exactly I think. Right now I'm 5+3 or something I think. Wow I'm so together aren't I??
No comments:
Post a Comment